Are you itching for a smartwatch? If so, you’re in luck. The Samsung Galaxy Gear is now available and rumors are circulating that Apple is planning its own iWatch. But what features should a smartwatch boast?
Thomas Claburn, an editor with InformationWeek, recently listed his personal must-haves for smartwatches. And, we have to admit, his suggestions make sense. For starters, Claburn says that smartwatches should act as sensors. Which means they should be able to determine the temperature, measure your body’s vital signs and tell you how close you are to that new Japanese restaurant.
Smartwatches shouldn’t need cords and wires to recharge, Claburn writes. Preferably, we should automatically charge these devices as we walk or run. And if that isn’t possible, then we should at least be able to charge them by placing them on charging plates.
No Financial Hit
Claburn also states that smartwatches shouldn’t bust our budgets. Smartwatches should retail for around $99. That’s much more affordable than the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch that retails for a whopping $299.
Introduction to Wi-Fi Security from InvisiMax
InvisiMax has evolved as a service organization by ‘Connecting People and Information’ in new and exciting ways. From our foundation of internet expertise, our team has grown in abilities and responsibilities. Our team members and their families live and work in our local communities. We are now a trusted business partner providing services for Government, Healthcare, Industry, Agriculture and Small Business. We are committed to serving the people of our rural communities.
- 03/04/2015 5 Tips to Do More With Your PDF Files on Google Drive
- 02/27/2015 5 Reasons Why Telecommuting Is a Win-Win
- 02/24/2015 The 3 Biggest Risks of Shadow IT - and What CIOs can do about them
- 02/20/2015 The Best 3 Alternatives to Basecamp
- 02/18/2015 The Most Innovative Tech Products of 2014 - and What To Look Out For This Year
- 02/13/2015 What if that’s your last phone?
- 02/11/2015 The 3D Printer That Makes Custom Electronics
- 02/06/2015 Top 3 Cyber Security Risks for 2015
- 02/04/2015 How to Use Cyberduck To Manage Files Stored in the Cloud
- 01/30/2015 Consumers Demand More from Mobile Web Surfing